Augmented reality is essentially an interactive experience of the real world but enhanced though technology, for example .. Pokemon Go!

I liked the learning about how one school used augmented reality to teach about wartime in canada through QR codes around the school that connect the place, space and time. This activity was a big producer of empathy I hope because what a special way to connect to those who have come before them. And it was used as more than social studies, its english, creative writing, history, technology and more.

There is programs for using augmented reality with elementary students as young as K, the program used is HP Revel.

VR is great even though you can replace real life, but for things you might never get to see or do, like a trip to the great wall of china, or under the sea.

Some instructions on using HP Reveal: Here.

This was so much fun I made three videos and  it was  pretty easy except the sound doesn’t always work for some reason????

I will attempt to put one of them on here but if not it’s okay. 0FD9B865-C11F-40F4-A1D6-7F190A387660