Today I used iMovie for the first time and had the opportunity to play around and edit a video about fainting goats. Now this video was provided to me the thee skills I learned today will defiantly apply to many things I will be doing not only just in my B.Ed program but other useful things to use as a teacher.

So the first thing I learned was how to edit the sound of a video giving me the ability to maximize or minimize the background voices playing. Also in this category was how to input sound effects such as chickens clucking or ‘boos’ and ‘awes’, this will be hand if I ever decide to start YouTube-ing! This part wasn’t as challenging as I found compared to how to split and  cut chunks out of the video. That part is tricky because you have to get the times perfect if you are trying to edit something important as to not make for an awkward transition. But with time on my side it was figured out.

Other than the basic video editing there is also the ability to stylistically edit your videos, and by that I mean adding a colour theme, or transition movements-also title and end pages. This function will be fun to play around with in the future when making my music blog videos because it’ll be a neat way to interject the titles I’m thankful my computer has it built in as I wish to further my knowledge. I also look forward to learning about sound and image editing.