We had the music growth day this week and I hit that high F.

*this is where I do a little accomplishment dance*

Having the whole class to play really got me warmed up and I am sad I didn’t have the opportunity to film a video because this was a good day! I managed to play my pieces the whole way through (BareNessesities and Beauty and the Beast) and even played in front of some of my peers!

So let’s break it down.

Warm Up: Scales scales scales. Back and forth and up and down, sid ways all of it haha. Honestly I enjoy warming up because you can almost do anything, play around with sound, do some blues progressions or make it like a jazzy tune. Warming up by yourself also helps you practice soloing. This is because you get to play around with the chords and sounds and throw in a sharp or flat to see if it works.

I actually managed to play the I Beauty and the Beast the whole way through without dying from lack of breath support or lip pain and that was really a nice experience. Bare Necessities,  is coming along but is a more difficult piece because it is higher and more surprising in the sense that it doesn’t follow the same licks every bar, it has more variety in its sound than the Beauty and the Beast song.

Next week I hope to be able to film my videos!